pivot-user mailing list archives

From Bob Santos <bob.santo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse and Pivot
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2010 02:17:48 GMT
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think adding a lib folder and having a copy of
the pivot jars for each project is not required. You can point to the same
source of the jars everytime you create a Pivot project.

The disadvantage of having a copy of the jars for each project is file size,
while the disadvantage of pointing to the same source of jars is you have to
edit the location of the jars for each project if you move the jars to a
different location.

For me, the best way is still using Maven with Eclipse cause you can have
the advantage of pointing to one source/repository and when you change the
location of your local maven repository you just need to change the M2_REPO
classpath variable in Eclipse. Reading to Michael's blog post is a good
start.

Regards,

Bob