pivot-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Brind <christopher.br...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Blocking while a dialog/prompt/alert/sheet is open, like Javascript's alert() ?
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:06:02 GMT
Hi Bob,

This isn't really about being modal, but about stopping the flow of
execution.  For example, in Javascript:

Alert.show("hello");

Alert.show("world");

The second alert doesn't appear until you press OK on the first.

In Pivot or Swing (and every other UI framework?) if you popup an Alert
processing continues, for instance in Flex:

Alert.show("hello");

Alert.show("world");

The second alert appears immediately and on top of the previous one.

Clint wants to achieve the first scenario, but this is not possible with
Pivot.

Cheers,
Chris