pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Using Tool tip
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2010 19:36:09 GMT
Scratch that - what I was thinking won't work. I had planned to set a maximum preferred width
on the label so that it wraps when it gets to the given width. However, LabelSkin doesn't
currently respect the min/max preferred width value when it is asked for its unconstrained
preferred size (in fact, this limitation applies to most components).

This is a bigger change that we'll have to address in a future release. Best we can probably
do short-term is make sure the tooltip remains on screen. Sorry - hope that helps.

Greg

On Jan 24, 2010, at 9:36 AM, Tushar Kale wrote:

> Yes that will work.
> I was thinking of changing the skin but not sure how to do that.
> If you could suggest the modification that will be great help.
> Thanks!
> ~Tushar
>
> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 8:19 AM, Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:
> Actually, I'm wrong about hiding the tooltip - your application would only need to show
and position it. The tooltip will hide itself when the user moves the mouse.

> On Jan 24, 2010, at 8:08 AM, Greg Brown wrote:
>
> > Hi Tushar,
> >
> > The default tooltip provided by the component does not support multi-line tooltips.
Ensuring that tooltips always remain visible is actually a to-do for Pivot 1.4.1:

> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-23
> >
> > However, you could potentially create an instance of Tooltip yourself. With a small
modification we get the tooltip text to wrap. However, your application code would be responsible
for showing, hiding, and positioning the tooltip. If this would be sufficient, I can suggest
some code you might use to accomplish it.

> > Greg
> >
> > On Jan 23, 2010, at 8:41 PM, Tushar Kale wrote:
> >
> >> Hello:
> >>
> >> I need to show multi-line tool tip on an image and control the horizontal position
of the tool tip window when it is displayed.
> >> If the image is close to the window border, I would like to shift the tool tip
window so complete tool tip is visible.