pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Pivot Applet Deployment
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2009 13:17:35 GMT
Hello, and welcome!  :-)

First suggestion is to make sure that all of the Pivot JARs are
available on the applet's classpath. We generally put them in a lib
directory relative to the HTML page that contains the applet.

Second, make sure that your HTML contains something that looks like
this:

<script src="http://java.com/js/deployJava.js"></script>
<script>
var attributes = {code:"org.apache.pivot.wtk.BrowserApplicationContext
$HostApplet",
     archive:"lib/pivot-core-1.3.jar"
         + ",lib/pivot-wtk-1.3.jar"
         + ",lib/pivot-wtk-1.3.terra.jar"
         + ",lib/<your application JAR>.jar",
     width:800,
     height:600
};
var parameters = {application_class_name:"<your application class
name>",
     codebase_lookup:false,
     java_arguments:"-Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true -
Dsun.awt.erasebackgroundonresize=true"
};
deployJava.runApplet(attributes, parameters, "1.6");
</script>

If you have done both of those things and still can't get the applet
to launch, let us know and we'll try to dig a little deeper.

Greg