pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Scarberry, Randall E (Randy)" <randall.scarbe...@pnl.gov>
Subject RE: Graph library for use with pivot
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2009 17:07:36 GMT
Thanks Greg, I'll give it a look.

________________________________

From: Greg Brown [mailto:gkbrown@mac.com]
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009 7:36 AM
To: pivot-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Graph library for use with pivot

I am personally not aware of any existing JGraph libraries for Pivot,
but it may be possible to simply embed your existing Swing-based graphs
in a Pivot app. Both Swing and Pivot use Java2D for rendering, so you'd
just need to write a Pivot wrapper for the JGraph component. You might
run into some issues handling mouse input, but if that is not a
requirement for your application, it should actually be pretty
straightforward: you'd write a custom Pivot component whose skin is
basically just a thin wrapper around a JGraph instance.

The Pivot/JFree library is actually implemented exactly like this - it
uses a higher level abstraction that effectively hides the fact that
JFree is used under the hood, but the general concepts are the same:

http://code.google.com/p/pivot-jfree/

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here and we'll
do our best to help!

Greg