pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Graph library for use with pivot
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:36:14 GMT
I am personally not aware of any existing JGraph libraries for Pivot, but it may be possible
to simply embed your existing Swing-based graphs in a Pivot app. Both Swing and Pivot use
Java2D for rendering, so you'd just need to write a Pivot wrapper for the JGraph component.
You might run into some issues handling mouse input, but if that is not a requirement for
your application, it should actually be pretty straightforward: you'd write a custom Pivot
component whose skin is basically just a thin wrapper around a JGraph instance.

The Pivot/JFree library is actually implemented exactly like this - it uses a higher level
abstraction that effectively hides the fact that JFree is used under the hood, but the general
concepts are the same:

http://code.google.com/p/pivot-jfree/

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here and we'll do our best to help!

Greg

On Nov 30, 2009, at 9:24 AM, Scarberry, Randall E (Randy) wrote:

> Does anyone know of a Java graph library that would work well with pivot?  A project
of mine involves "webifying" a Swing-based desktop application that makes heavy use of Jgraph,
which is a swing-dependent library.  If we find a replacement for Jgraph without the swing
dependencies, we may use pivot for the web version.