pivot-user mailing list archives

From Todd Volkert <tvolk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making a Menu Bar Fill Remaining Horizontal Space
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:29:50 GMT

> So will the BoxPane route I mentioned have the same effect?

If you're only going to include one table pane column, then *horizontally*,
a vertical BoxPane with the fill style set to true will yield the same
behavior.  However, vertically, a BoxPane will lay the children out
according to their preferred height, whereas you'll have more options with a
TablePane.

Let's look at an example.  The following two will yield equivalent behavior:

<BoxPane styles="{fill:true}">
    <MenuBar .../>
    <PushButton .../>
    <ColorChooser .../>
</BoxPane>

<TablePane>
    <columns>
        <TablePane.Column width="1*"/>
    </columns>
    <rows>
        <TablePane.Row>
            <MenuBar .../>
        </TablePane.Row>
        <TablePane.Row>
            <PushButton .../>
        </TablePane.Row>
        <TablePane.Row>
            <ColorChooser .../>
        </TablePane.Row>
    </rows>
</TablePane>

This is because the table pane rows in this example are default height.
However, if you gave one of them a relative height or a fixed height, then
the table pane would start to yield different results than the box pane.

-T