pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JUnit4 + Pivot
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 08:17:51 GMT
Hi Vicente,
your code seem very interesting, the Automation part was made to
handle automated tests, but your loginController that generates an NPE
is a thing that needs some investigation, I think this is a field that
we should be able to make it run. To accelerate test execution maybe a
flag or other that disable completely effects (transitions, etc) could
help.
Probably Greg or Todd can tell you something more on this.

On the robot usage, I don't like the hardcoded coordinates way,
because changing scale factor, or fonts or other invalidates
completely the test ... but all screen based test approach works this
way so for this I think the only thing we can do is being able to ask
a component for its bounding box coordinates (start and end, or start
and width and height), and maybe knowing the current scale factor
could help so test code could make necessary multiplications ...
Again, Greg or Todd can tell you something more on this.

Comments / ideas ?

Good work.

Bye,
Sandro