pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r831049
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:46:46 GMT
Actually, after giving this a bit more thought, it probably won't be all that simple to implement.
So, you can create the JIRA ticket if you want, but I think it should still be considered
a low priority item for v2.0 or later.

On Friday, October 30, 2009, at 11:33AM, "Sandro Martini" <sandro.martini@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> I see. Are you using a bar code font in your text input? Just curious.
>No, I'm only displaying the text version of the code read, using the
>default font.
>
>For displaying also the text as a barcode some year ago I used a
>BarCode Font (for make some test there are some free barcode fonts,
>but mainly for 39, an old standard, but working, for example here:
>http://www.bizfonts.com/free/ ).
>
>Later I could make some visual test for this.
>But for another application I'll have to do (I hope with pivot ;-) )
>I'll have to display to the user the generated barcode ... I'll see
>how to do this but in next months.
>

>I remember a similar trick for Substance where Kirill was displaying
>some graphics (as watermarks if I remember well) using (and bundling
>inside the demo jar of the application) a Japanese (free) font ...
>

>But probably the best approach for this is to have some server side
>stuff that generates an image, and return it to the client, as many
>Web Sites do ... for example given some text some returns BarCode
>images, others (more artistic and interesting :-) ) Japanese Text
>using some artistic font ... very good for a tatoo :-)
>I've found BarCode4J for example, all made in Java:
>http://barcode4j.sourceforge.net/
>

>> It would not be difficult to add support for displaying control characters in TextInput,
as long as the requirement does not include completely hiding the characters (or actually
entering them via the keyboard). As long as it is sufficient to display a space where the
character exists, this can easily be added. I would make it configurable via a style ("ignoreControlCharacters")
that would default to true.