pivot-user mailing list archives

From "August Lammersdorf, InteractiveMesh" <...@interactivemesh.com>
Subject Re: Pivot 3D powered by Java 3D
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 13:04:08 GMT

Java 3D on Mac.

Please, run the Java 3D demo programs which also don't require a Java 3D
installation. Links are to be found on https://java3d.dev.java.net/.

This is my list of hints and links concerning Java 3D installation on Mac
(never done it myself):

Apple's out-dated Java 3D version 1.3 should be removed if it is installed
in System/Library/Java/Extensions/.

Java 3D Forum
- Newbie Mac owner:
- Java3d and OS X:

Java 3D 1.5.2 Release Notes:
https://j3d-core.dev.java.net/j3d1_5_2/RELEASE-NOTES.html
- System Requirements Mac OS X
- JOGL Rendering Pipeline

Java3DInstallation:
http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Javadesktop/Java3DInstallation
- Installing Java3D for Mac OS X 10.4

Download Java 3D: https://java3d.dev.java.net/binary-builds.html
- Zip binaries j3d-1_5_2-macosx.zip (includes 'Instructions for Unzipping
the Java 3D 1.5.2 Release' in README-unzip.html)

Download JOGL:
https://jogl.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=11509&expandFolder=11509&folderID=11508
- jogl-1.1.1a-macosx-universal.zip

Please, mail any thrown exceptions or inform us what you did to succeed.
Thanks.

August Lammersdorf