pivot-user mailing list archives

From Todd Volkert <tvolk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: font styles,wtkx xsd file, and auto-strech
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 10:27:33 GMT
Hi Leo,

I'm cc'ing the pivot-user list, as this question is better answered there.
You may wish to subscribe there as well, since it will contain messages from
users such as yourself and may be a good source of knowledge.

1) are there a XSD or DTD  for wtkx file, I really can't get clear that what
> elements and attributes are availalbe at some certain node in a wtks file.

 Right now, there aren't any XSD (or DTD) files for the pivot jars -- we
hope to add this in a future release.  However, WTKX follows a rigid
structure that is tied to the classes that it creates.  I recommend studying
the WTKX primer (
http://incubator.apache.org/pivot/1.3/tutorials/wtkx_primer.html) to help
with knowing what properties are legal at any given point in the XML.

> 2) I can specify font family in Label, but not every font. when I try using
> languages other then English, such as Chinese, there only have little
> rectangels act as place holder instead , could this be solved?

Hmm - this should work, but I don't think we've tested Chinese characters
before - can you give an example so we can test it and see what's not
working?

> 3) I 'm using pivot for both web and desktop application, are there any way
> to make elements in pivot auto strech SMARTLY when I resize the desktop
> window or browser?

I'm not sure what you mean by stretch.  If you mean you want them to
re-layout based on the size of the desktop window or applet window, this is
absolutely supported (I'd check out the tutorial and look at the various
layout containers).  If you mean you want the components to scale physically
larger or smaller as the desktop window or applet window grows and shrinks,
then this is not supported out of the box, though you could code this at the
application level (see ApplicationContext.setScale()).

Cheers,
-T