pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Element-based event handlers in WTKX
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 01:05:45 GMT
Hi all,

You may have noticed another change I recently checked in - a <wtkx:script> tag is no
longer required for element-based event handlers. Since the scripting language is now specified
at the page level, the <wtkx:script> tag is no longer needed here. This helps to further
reduce the amount of "clutter" in your scripted WTKX files.

This does mean that you can no longer use script defined in an external file to implement
event handlers. Though that was previously supported, it was counter to the intent of the
inline event handlers, which are meant to place the event handler logic near the element to
which it applies. You can, of course, still define <wtkx:script> blocks elsewhere that
do include externally defined script files.

Let me know if you have any questions...

Greg