pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Messaging from Pivot: what type do you use ?
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 10:48:34 GMT
Hi to all,
I'm doing a simple poll of how Pivot users have or are using a
messaging system to query data from servers.

Are Pivot Web Queries enough ?
For the 1.4 release if all is good, we should have also Digest
Authentication available, but maybe others (standards) could be
required.

Someone uses or has tried some others, like Hessian, Burlap, Spring
Remoting, or EJB or JMS, or direct RMI ?
Or some Web Services framework ... there are many.
Or in-house solutions like xml / json data generated by custom web
toolkits (Struts, Spring MVC, Tapestry, Wicket, etc) ...

I'm starting to use with Pivot a powerful library that uses RMI but in
a transparent way:
cajo ( https://cajo.dev.java.net/ ), someone knows it ?

Ideas / suggestions / improvements required ?

Bye,
Sandro