pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Form Label Vertical Alignment
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 14:56:02 GMT
> The problem I had was figuring out how to get a baseline value out
> of a TextArea - any suggestion on where to start?

I think a similar question applies to a vertical BoxPane, for example,
or a TablePane. I imagine that a common requirement would be to align
the form label with the baseline of the first component in a vertical
box pane, or the first row of a table pane. Similarly, we'd probably
want to define the baseline of a TextArea as the baseline of the first
row.

However, each of these components could make its definition of
baseline configurable. For example, BoxPaneSkin could provide a style
that allowed a caller to define the baseline as the baseline of the
last component instead. I'm not sure we'd need to support that right
away, though. We could easily add it later, if it made sense.