pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Styles as an Element.
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 02:32:01 GMT
OK, scratch the styles element suggestion. It doesn't work - I knew I
should have done a little more due diligence before replying to your
email.  :-)

When an element refers to a read-only dictionary, we can't determine
the type of the properties referred to by the element's attributes
(because Dictionary doesn't provide a "getType()" method). So, we
can't coerce it to the appropriate type. As a result, read-only
dictionary properties are set as strings, since that is how attribute
values are inherently typed. You should be seeing an error in the
console telling you that "padding is not a valid style" - correct?
That's because we're trying to call a string setter for padding, and
it doesn't exist.

So, kudos to you for pushing WTKX to see what you can and can't do.
Unfortunately, you can't do this.  :-)