pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Square PushButton
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 02:36:43 GMT
OK, TerraPushButtonSkin now properly respects the
"preferredAspectRatio" style. If you set it to 1 (and the parent
container respects the button's preferred size), you'll get a square
button.

However, you won't be able to simply rely on the box pane for
calculating the correct preferred height for all of the buttons. The
(unconstrained) preferred height of the box pane is still going to be
determined as the sum of the unconstrained preferred heights of the
buttons. Only when the width of the box pane is constrained can we
determine the actual button heights (since they depend on the max.
button width, which isn't known until layout - it is not, and cannot
be, known at preferred size calculation time).

So, you identified a valid issue - thank you! But in order to meet
your use case, you'll need to ensure that the box pane is given enough
vertical height to accommodate all the buttons - that height can't be
determined automatically. Even a scroll pane or panorama can't help
here - your box pane must simply be given enough vertical screen real
estate to display all of the buttons.

Hope this helps.