pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Square PushButton
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 04:36:40 GMT
OK, I just reverted my earlier change and renamed the style to
"minimumPreferredAspectRatio". Unfortunately, this means that we can't
automatically create square buttons, but it sounds like it might have
been a stretch to use this feature to meet your use case anyways.  :-(

Thanks again for the input - I apologize for the confusion.

On Aug 7, 2009, at 12:10 AM, Greg Brown wrote:

> You know...now that I think about it, perhaps my most recent change
> was misguided. The term "preferredAspectRatio" may have been
> misleading. The use case we were originally trying to address was
> "minimum preferred aspect ratio". We didn't use the term "minimum"
> because we thought it might be confusing, but that's kinda what it
> was supposed to be.
>
> Our use case was this: we want push buttons in a dialog to be a
> consistent (minimum) width. If they exceed that width, that's OK -
> but we want them to at least *try* to be the same size.
>
> My recent change would break that behavior if the button data (e.g.
> text) required more space than the aspect ratio allowed. So I
> actually think I need to revert it, and probably rename the style to
> "minimumPreferredAspectRatio".

> On Aug 6, 2009, at 11:13 PM, Scott Lanham wrote:
>
>> Attached is my wtkx file. For one button the aspect ratio worked
>> great, but for
>> two and three buttons they get progressively smaller.
>>
>> On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 12:41:01 pm Greg Brown wrote:
>>> For an example, see:
>>>
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/pivot/trunk/wtk/test/org/apache/p
>>> ivot/wtk/test/preferred_aspect_ratio_test.wtkx

I can