pivot-user mailing list archives

From Scott Lanham <li...@sael.com.au>
Subject Re: Square PushButton
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 01:56:57 GMT
From what I can see the way the current aspect ratio is calculated and then
used is biased towards an increase in width. In that context I can see why you
call it a minimum aspect ratio.

To make what I want work I need the bias to be for the height to increase so
that really the aspect ratio is a maximum. So what I have done is to say that
if the aspect ratio is +ve then the current behaviour applies but if it is -ve
then the aspect ratio is a maximum and the height needs to be increased. Using
a negative number has just been a simple way of getting a result without
having to change to much code.

---

In getPreferredWidth() nothing changes.

In getPrefereedHeight() the calculation using aspect ratio is:

            // Adjust for preferred aspect ratio
            if (!Float.isNaN(minimumPreferredAspectRatio)
                && minimumPreferredAspectRatio < 0.0
                && (float)width / (float)preferredHeight > -
minimumPreferredAspectRatio) {
                preferredHeight = (int)(width / -minimumPreferredAspectRatio);
            }

In getPreferredSize() it is:

        // Adjust for preferred aspect ratio
        if (!Float.isNaN(minimumPreferredAspectRatio)
            && (float)preferredWidth / (float)preferredHeight <
minimumPreferredAspectRatio) {
            preferredWidth = (int)(preferredHeight *
minimumPreferredAspectRatio);
        }
        else if (!Float.isNaN(minimumPreferredAspectRatio)
                && minimumPreferredAspectRatio < 0.0
                && (float)preferredWidth / (float)preferredHeight > -
minimumPreferredAspectRatio) {
                preferredHeight = (int)(preferredWidth / -
minimumPreferredAspectRatio);
        }

---

The height not being changed when the aspect ratio is +ve doesn't appear to
affect either of our use cases. I can't think what affect this will have in
general.