pivot-user mailing list archives

From Scott Lanham <li...@sael.com.au>
Subject Re: Square PushButton
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 04:10:58 GMT
I am using the latest SVN. If I change the aspect ratio to 1.0 the buttons
look good. I kind of expected the buttons to look pretty much the same at 1.2
but they shrink significantly.

It is kind of TabPane like behaviour but I do need horizontal text. Also in
the past (with other toolkits) the tabs haven't been big enough to say "I am a
major menu selection, click on me first" (not to mention tabs and touch screens
not working well together). If I could somehow set the tab's internal padding
around the text and icon to make them "big" I would certainly consider using
the TabPane.

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 01:58:49 pm Greg Brown wrote:
> Did you sync with the latest from SVN? When I run your WTKX, all the
> buttons are the same size (though the text is clipped - an aspect
> ratio of 1.2 doesn't seem to be large enough).
>
> One thought - it almost looks like you are trying to replicate tab
> pane behavior here. Might TabPane be an alternative? We do support
> vertical tabs. But maybe you want horizontal text and a vertical
> layout, which TabPane doesn't currently support. Maybe it should...  ;-)
>
> On Aug 6, 2009, at 11:13 PM, Scott Lanham wrote:
> > Attached is my wtkx file. For one button the aspect ratio worked
> > great, but for
> > two and three buttons they get progressively smaller.
> >
> > On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 12:41:01 pm Greg Brown wrote:
> >> For an example, see:
> >>
> >> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/pivot/trunk/wtk/test/org/apach
> >>e/p ivot/wtk/test/preferred_aspect_ratio_test.wtkx

I can