pivot-user mailing list archives

From Scott Lanham <li...@sael.com.au>
Subject Evaluation of Pivot
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 01:29:25 GMT
Hi,

Many thanks to Greg and Vicente answering and putting up with my probing
questions while I have been evaluating Pivot :-)

I really like the structure of WTKX and as I am not developing applets at the
moment love how the @WTKX annotation removes a heap of boiler plate code.

The current default theme has a nice clean look and feel. I am unsure as to
what to think of theme specific styles but it is not a major issue for me.

I am impressed with the good selection of widgets. They appear to cover just
about every need of an application.

The only difficulty I have is with the API documentation which is incomplete
enough for me to have to ask far to many simple questions on this mailing
list.

I am going to have a crack at porting a desktop application to Pivot and see
how it goes. The biggest hurdle for me with taking on new UI toolkits has been
the layout. It is the one big thing that killed my interest in further JavaFx
development. There is nothing worse than fighting with layout to get simple
things done.

Well done with Pivot!

Cheers,

Scott.