pivot-user mailing list archives

From Todd Volkert <tvolk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Messaging from Pivot: what type do you use ?
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:36:57 GMT
I've just completed and deployed a medium scale Pivot app, and for my
purposes, the web queries API (Query subclasses on the client, and
QueryServlet on the server) suited my needs.  In addition to JSON data, I
dynamically generate images using a QueryServlet with a
BufferedImageSerializer and PDFs using a QueryServlet with a
PDFSerializer.  My app's
(actually a suite of two applications) a very run-of-the-mill app
that's used for consultant time and expense invoicing,
where the generated bills get imported automatically into Quickbooks at the
end of a billing period.
-T