pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: How to start an application maximized?
Date Sun, 07 Jun 2009 20:52:57 GMT
I'm guessing you are trying to set the size of the
DesktopApplicationContext window? That is actually a container for
your window(s). When you call setMaximized() on your window, it is
maximized within this window.

You can control the size of DesktopApplicationContext by passing width
and height command-line arguments to it. You can pass them either like
this:

width:1024 height:768

or like this:

--width=1024 --height=768

There is currently no way to open DesktopApplicationContext maximized,
but you can open it in full screen mode by passing fullScreen:true or
--fullScreen=true.

As for layout, it sounds like what you need is a TablePane. You can
specify that a column or row be given a percentage of the available
space. Unfortunately, there isn't a tutorial for this component yet,
but you can see examples of its use throughout the demos and other
tutorials. Column widths can be specified as follows, and row heights
are similar:

width="n*" - take up n units of the available space. If you only have
one relatively sized column, "1*" means take up 100% of the available
space. If you have 2 or more, the percentage is determined as n
divided by the sum of all n values.

width="n" - take up exactly n pixels in width

width="-1" - take up only the preferred width of the column

Hope this helps. Also, I'd suggest subscribing to pivot-user - it is a
great place to post questions like this. I have cc'ed it here.

Greg