pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Background image
Date Sat, 23 May 2009 22:51:44 GMT
That's very interesting. I tried removing the alpha channel from the PNG, but that didn't help.
cc'ing the dev list - PNG as a background image causes noticeable repaint delays, but a JPEG
doesn't (see below). Anyone have any ideas?

On Saturday, May 23, 2009, at 03:42PM, "Edgar Merino" <donvodka@gmail.com> wrote:
>Thanks for the suggestions, I tried running the StackPanes demo, and
>noticed it didn't suffered from such a performance bottleneck, I noticed
>the background image was a jpg, I'm currently using a png for the
>background, so tried the demo with my image (800x600) and the
>performance problem arised again. After I changed the format of my
>background to jpg everything went fine. So I can confirm the problem
>happens (at least) with png images. Attached is a copy of my background
>image (in both png and jpg).
>
>Thanks for the help again!
>Edgar Merino
>

>Todd Volkert escribió:
>> I guess I'll add:
>>
>> - Are you running inside a VM?  If so, which virtualization software
>> and version?
>>
>> -T
>>
>> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Edgar,
>>>
>>> I just added the following code to the stack panes demo (pivot.tutorials.layout.StackPanes):
>>>
>>> Alert.alert("Hello, World!", display);
>>>
>>> I added it to the startup() method, right after the line that opens the window
(line 32). I didn't notice any performance issues - can you try the same test and let us know
what behavior you get?