pivot-user mailing list archives

From Edgar Merino <donvo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Background image
Date Sat, 23 May 2009 19:42:12 GMT
Thanks for the suggestions, I tried running the StackPanes demo, and
noticed it didn't suffered from such a performance bottleneck, I noticed
the background image was a jpg, I'm currently using a png for the
background, so tried the demo with my image (800x600) and the
performance problem arised again. After I changed the format of my
background to jpg everything went fine. So I can confirm the problem
happens (at least) with png images. Attached is a copy of my background
image (in both png and jpg).

Thanks for the help again!
Edgar Merino

Todd Volkert escribió:
> I guess I'll add:
>
> - Are you running inside a VM?  If so, which virtualization software
> and version?
>
> -T
>
> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Edgar,
>>
>> I just added the following code to the stack panes demo (pivot.tutorials.layout.StackPanes):
>>
>> Alert.alert("Hello, World!", display);
>>
>> I added it to the startup() method, right after the line that opens the window (line
32). I didn't notice any performance issues - can you try the same test and let us know what
behavior you get?