pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Background image
Date Sat, 23 May 2009 23:53:03 GMT
Sorry - more specifically, those are the timings for painting the dirty region when dragging
the Alert around the screen in the modified Stack Panes tutorial.

On Saturday, May 23, 2009, at 06:51PM, "Greg Brown" <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:
>That's very interesting. I tried removing the alpha channel from the PNG, but that didn't
help. cc'ing the dev list - PNG as a background image causes noticeable repaint delays, but
a JPEG doesn't (see below). Anyone have any ideas?

>On Saturday, May 23, 2009, at 03:42PM, "Edgar Merino" <donvodka@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Thanks for the suggestions, I tried running the StackPanes demo, and
>>noticed it didn't suffered from such a performance bottleneck, I noticed
>>the background image was a jpg, I'm currently using a png for the
>>background, so tried the demo with my image (800x600) and the
>>performance problem arised again. After I changed the format of my
>>background to jpg everything went fine. So I can confirm the problem
>>happens (at least) with png images. Attached is a copy of my background
>>image (in both png and jpg).
>>
>>Thanks for the help again!
>>Edgar Merino
>>

>>Todd Volkert escribió:
>>> I guess I'll add:
>>>
>>> - Are you running inside a VM?  If so, which virtualization software
>>> and version?
>>>
>>> -T

(line 32). I didn't notice any performance issues - can you try the same test and let us know
what behavior you get?