pivot-user mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans <jorg.heym...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: redraw problem in safari 4 ?
Date Sun, 26 Apr 2009 19:23:16 GMT
On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Todd Volkert <tvolkert@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, there have been several issues and questions raised, so let's hit
> them one by one.
>
> 1) The Safari issue.  It sounds like you confirmed that we were
> talking about the same issue.  I just checked in a fix that disables
> the optimization for Mac OS X users -- just until Apple fixes the
> issue with the plug-in.  You should be able to run the demo off the
> wiki on Safari with no problems now.

http://cwiki.apache.org/PIVOT/kitchen-sink-demo.html displays fine now
on Safari 4, I could not get the previous redraw problems to appear
again, great !

> 2) The FF/Mac issue.  Greg covered this very well, so I'll just refer
> to his response.

Indeed, i have 1.6.0_07 on my mac which is causing the problem
apparently, so we'll have to wait for J6u12 as Greg points out.

> 3) The IE/Win 1.6.0_07 issue.  When you have time, can you try three
> things for us?  First, I updated the code at
> http://people.apache.org/~tvolkert/tmp, so can you try it again in IE
> there?  Also, can you try the public demo at
> http://cwiki.apache.org/PIVOT/kitchen-sink-demo.html in IE as well,
> since the code there is different.  Finally, are you able to install
> 1.6.0_10 or later on this machine and see if the problem goes away?

I just installed 160_13 on my winxp parallels instance:

http://people.apache.org/~tvolkert/tmp
http://cwiki.apache.org/PIVOT/kitchen-sink-demo.html

both display fine now. Rolling back to _07 jre I was able to trigger
redraw problems again.

HTH
Jorg