pivot-user mailing list archives

From Todd Volkert <tvolk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pivot/DOM interaction
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:15:52 GMT
>> Topic #2: How might Pivot respond to JavaScript events on its page?
>
> I think Todd did some prototyping in this area - Todd, can you comment on this one?

This is super simple (again, with 6u10, it becomes reliable enough to
use) -- you just obtain a JS reference to the <applet> DOM object,
then you can access any public API of the associated applet Java
instance.  In Pivot, this will be an instance of
pivot.wtk.BrowserApplicationContext$HostApplet.  Right now, the
HostApplet class doesn't provide anything interesting, but adding a
getApplication() method would be trivial, which would then give you a
hook into your your application's API.  Greg's in that class now --
Greg, you want to add that method?

-T