pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Little change in Alert and Prompt fro better diagnostic info (optional)
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 16:19:50 GMT
Hi all,
lookign at Clipboard files (under tutorials), for the issue PIVOT-843
I just found some little but useful changes, so my proposal:

what do you think to add a new constructor to Alert (and meybe even
Prompt) so from code I could call them with all default options, but
setting ontly the message ?
In this way we could have a Javascript-like way to open Alert dialogs
... and then for example in the clipboard.js I could do this:

function paste() {
// TODO: test ...
Alert("alert").open(window);

of course having the window injected here, requiring a little change
in clipboard.bxml (add the bxml:id for the window):

<Window title="Clipboard" maximized="true"
    bxml:id="window"
    xmlns:bxml="http://pivot.apache.org/bxml"
    xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk">
    <bxml:script src="clipboard.js"/>

Of course we could even go further and also make another, more
specific version of its constructor, but the proposed one could be
enough ...

What do you think (1) ?

And last, even for better debug (but without the debugger), what do
you think on utility methods to log to system.out and system.err a
given string ?
Useful to log messages in js files like that seen before here ...
Note: probably methods to do this already exists (I have to look) but
the news here is to make them callable from resources-like files ...

What do you think (2) ?

Bye,
Sandro