pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject ANN: Grails Apache Pivot Plugin version 1.0.3 is available
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 14:41:17 GMT
Hi all,
I have just published the new 1.0.3 release of Grails Plugin for
Apache Pivot, with some updates (for example better explaining how to
use it) and cleanup.

Apache Pivot plugin allows your Grails application to use Apache Pivot
2.x features on Server side,
and (if enabled the JarDownloadServlet in web.xml) even to forward
Pivot jars to Clients,
to be able to reuse them even in Applets and Java Web Start Applications.

Some info here:
http://www.grails.org/plugin/apache-pivot-grails

The plugin runs on Grails 2.0.0 or later (latest release has been
updated and tested with 2.0.3) and uses Apache Pivot 2.0.1.

For detailed Usage Notes and other info, please look at this Wiki document:
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/pivot-stuff/wiki/ApachePivotPluginForGrails_UsageNotes

All its sources and downloads are hosted under our Pivot-Stuff project
under Apache-Extras:
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/pivot-stuff/downloads/list
and there is even a Grails (2.0.3) webapp containing it and ready to
run, with some sample resources and jar.

Sometimes I write some news on it because I really think could be a
great (but little) block to simplify deploy and interaction of Pivot
RIAs with modern and modular Web Applications.
For sure can be improved ... and as usual, for suggestions and
comments tell me and/or post in our mailing lists here.

Sandro