pivot-dev mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject RE: Can I rename the release .jar files?
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:11:05 GMT
Thanks Sandro.

What I was actually preparing for was some changes I *might* have to
make having to do with the row editors in TableView.  But, I'm not sure
I will need to make any changes and I won't have time to do that before
we release anyway, so there is no real hurry for me to have 2.0.2 done.

Roger Whitcomb

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandro Martini [mailto:sandro.martini@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 11:06 AM
To: dev@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can I rename the release .jar files?

Hi all,
as Greg I don't think there are problems for you to redistribute pivot
jars
renamed, but if you want to be absolutely sure you could even send the
question to Apache legals via email ...

And a note:
if you need a release in few time, we could fix only some important
things
now and move others to a 2.0.3 (but someone should help me in some
issue,
to speedup the release) ... tell us if you need this.

Bye
 Il giorno 30/apr/2012 19:47, "Greg Brown" <gk_brown@verizon.net> ha
scritto:

> I don't believe there are any legal issues regarding file names. As I
> recall, we chose to include the version number in the file name simply
> because it is a common convention to do so (and also because Maven
requires
> it).
>
> On Apr 30, 2012, at 12:54 PM, Roger L. Whitcomb wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> >                Just a legal question:  is it permissible under the
> > Apache license to ship with renamed Pivot .jar files?  The reason
I'm