pivot-dev mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject Can I rename the release .jar files?
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 16:54:19 GMT
Hi everyone,

                Just a legal question:  is it permissible under the
Apache license to ship with renamed Pivot .jar files?  The reason I'm
asking is that I'm debating whether to ship with the released 2.0.1
files or with pre-release 2.0.2 ones and it would be easier for our
release/upgrade processes if the files didn't have the version number in
the names.  But, it is not clear to me whether shipping with renamed
files is okay under the Apache license.  Anyone have an idea about this?
Or who I should talk to?

Thanks.

~Roger Whitcomb