pivot-dev mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject RE: Translucent and Shaped Windows, for Pivot 2.1
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 16:30:18 GMT
Yes, I think this would be very nice to have for a 2.1 release....

~Roger Whitcomb

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandro Martini [mailto:sandro.martini@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2012 6:16 AM
To: Apache Pivot - Developers
Subject: Translucent and Shaped Windows, for Pivot 2.1

Hi all,
what do you think if for Pivot 2.1 we could implement Translucent and
Shaped Windows (available standard in Java SE 7, but even since Java
SE 6 Update 10 as private classes as fallback) ?

Some info here:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/misc/trans_shaped_windows
.html

After so much time something more eye-candy could be useful, don't you
think ?
And of course we could try to implement it in a bxml friendly way ...
and of course I'm not saying to fully implement it, but at least start
with basic functionalities.
Or find a simple way where users could set the name if their
implementation class ...

Comments ?

Bye,
Sandro