pivot-dev mailing list archives

From DreamTangerine <dreamtanger...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal "Pivot goes HTML5"
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 01:35:17 GMT
On mar, 2011-11-15 at 11:39 +0100, Sandro Martini wrote:
> Just after the pluggable AWT backend I see even a pluggable JavaFX 2
> backend (if compatible by license) ... could give us another vision on
> the future (and start playing with it).

I also like the idea (in fact, I was working also in something similar
for android, using Apache Harmony sources). I think that I can help.

My opinion is that GWT/HTML5 and Android are more important that JavaFX
for now. Maybe from JavaFX we can use the Prism engine, but in any case
the first big and difficult step is split AWT (and maybe some other no
AWT packages like StaX and bsf) from Pivot and create Pivot SPI.