pig-user mailing list archives

From Parth Sawant <parth.sawan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using NOT NULL in a Pig FILTER statement.
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 00:55:20 GMT
Hi Chandeep. I tried that already but it gave me the following error:

ERROR 1039:
<file LeadSales.pig, line 19, column 27> In alias X, incompatible
types in NotEqual Operator left hand side:int right hand
side:chararray.

 The error makes sense cause the fields I have are INT type and hence
cannot be compared to a chararray.

Thanks for the prompt response though.

Try adding != '' along with IS NOT NULL.