pig-user mailing list archives

From <deepak....@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Problems with example Python UDF
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 04:20:12 GMT
Andrea - You may like to check this - http://sundaycomputing.blogspot.com/2011/01/trying-apache-pig-1.html
From: Andrea Leistra [Andrea.Leistra@concur.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:13 AM
To: user@pig.apache.org
Subject: Problems with example Python UDF

I am having problems getting the simple example Python UDFs from http://wiki.apache.org/pig/UDFsUsingScriptingLanguages
to work.    Stack trace:

Pig Stack Trace
---------------
ERROR 2998: Unhandled internal error. org/python/util/PythonInterpreter

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/python/util/PythonInterpreter
        at org.apache.pig.scripting.jython.JythonScriptEngine$Interpreter.<clinit>(JythonScriptEngine.java:54)
        at org.apache.pig.scripting.jython.JythonScriptEngine.registerFunctions(JythonScriptEngine.java:105)
        at org.apache.pig.PigServer.registerCode(PigServer.java:507)
        at org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser.processRegister(GruntParser.java:381)
        at org.apache.pig.tools.pigscript.parser.PigScriptParser.parse(PigScriptParser.java:421)
        at org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser.parseStopOnError(GruntParser.java:165)
        at org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser.parseStopOnError(GruntParser.java:141)
        at org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt.exec(Grunt.java:90)
        at org.apache.pig.Main.run(Main.java:510)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.python.util.PythonInterpreter
        ... 10 more

>From what I have been able to see in the archives the most common cause of this error
seems to be that jython.jar is not in the classpath; I've checked and mine is in the classpath.
 I have the full path to both jython.jar and test.py in the pig script.     Are there other
causes that might produce this error?    Python is in /usr/local/bin rather than /usr/bin;
would that produce this, and if so how would I address the error?

Thanks,
Andrea Leistra

This e-mail message is authorized for use by the intended recipient only and may contain information
that is privileged and confidential. If you received this message in error, please call us
immediately at (425) 702-8808 and ask to speak to the message sender. Please do not copy,
disseminate, or retain this message unless you are the intended recipient. In addition, to
ensure the security of your data, please do not send any unencrypted credit card or personally
identifiable information to this email address. Thank you.

of this message and any attachments.

www.wipro.com