pig-user mailing list archives

From Avik Dey <a...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject [hadoop] Hadoop Summit 2011 by Yahoo!: June 29th, Santa Clara Convention Center. Register and submit abstract for presentation: www.hadoopsummit.org
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 19:49:45 GMT
If you are subscribed to general@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:general@hadoop.apache.org>
and have already received this announcement sorry for the spam, since all users are not subscribed
to general@ forwarding this to the user mailing lists also.

Hi All,

Yahoo! is proud to host the 4th annual Hadoop Summit 2011: June 29th, Santa Clara Convention
Center, California.

Registration and Call for Presentations are now open at: http://www.hadoopsummit.org<http://www.hadoopsummit.org/>

This year, we have less keynotes and more tech talks, even in the morning session. The afternoon
session is tech talks only, followed by a panel discussion, and wrapping up with an evening
reception. Details to be posted soon.

For the afternoon session we still have three tracks. However, based on interest from the
community we have tuned their focus a bit.

The three tracks now are:

*         Community: Presentations and discussions about Hadoop roadmap, contribution and
best practices.

*         Operations and Management: Presentations and discussions about operations and management
of Hadoop clusters and best practices.

*         Applications and Research: Case studies about innovative applications and Hadoop
technologies based research studies.

This is a terrific opportunity for you to share your experience with thousands of Hadoop users
by submitting a session abstract  for one of the tracks above.

Submission deadline is May 6th, here is the URL to submit your abstract:

http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=hs-2011

Track Co-Chairs this year who will be reviewing your abstracts are:

*         Andreas Neumann - Yahoo!

*         Benjamin Reed - Yahoo!

*         Dhruba Borthakur - Facebook

*         Michael Stack - StumbleUpon

*         Milind Bhandarkar - Linkedin

*         Owen O'Malley - Yahoo!

With a great, diverse team of track co-chairs, we are looking forward to even more interesting
presentations and discussions this year!

Register now<http://www.hadoopsummit.org/>, space is limited!

Looking forward to meeting you at the Summit.

Avik