pig-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Dai <jiany...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Find variants of a term in relation A from a field in relation B
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 19:17:51 GMT
Can you convert it into a equal join problem? That's the case mapreduce
can handle efficiently. Not sure if it address your problem but provide
a sample script.

a = load 'A' as (a0:chararray);
b = foreach a generate LOWER(a0) as b0;

c = load 'B' as (c0:chararray);
d = foreach c generate LOWER(c0) as d0;
e = foreach d generate d0, flatten(STRSPLIT(d0)) as e0;

f = join b by b0, e by e0;
g = foreach f generate d0, b0;
dump g;

Daniel