pig-user mailing list archives

From zhang jianfeng <zjf...@gmail.com>
Subject Is there any document about the JobControlCompiler
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 01:24:12 GMT
Hi all,

I found that the following script will be converted into 3 mapreduce jobs:

A = *LOAD* '/user/zjffdu/input.txt' *USING* PigStorage();

B = *GROUP* A *BY* $0;

B = *FOREACH* B *GENERATE* *group*,COUNT($1);

B = *ORDER* B *BY* $1;

*DUMP* B;

I am very interested to know How Pig compile the script to jobs, reading the
source code is a way, but If there’s any document, that would be better.
Does anyone know where can I find the related documents ? Or is there any
JIRA item related to this ?

Thank you in advance.

Jeff Zhang.