pig-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@veoh.com>
Subject Re: Compressed data file questions
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 20:12:11 GMT

You are a champ!

Can somebody else comment authoritatively about the preferred method for
getting a vanilla Hadoop program to produce bz2 compressed output?

For instance, suppose that I have the following snippet:

    conf.setInputFormat(TextInputFormat.class);
    conf.setOutputFormat(TextOutputFormat.class);

What would I have to add to indicate that my input was bz2 compressed?
Would hadoop figure it out automagically?

Similarly, what would I have to say to tell hadoop to bz2 compress my
output?