pig-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@veoh.com>
Subject Re: Jaql reactions?
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2007 08:23:57 GMT

I would rather see the two languages diverge somewhat on this sort of count.
Better that each community of developers push the virtues of a particular
idiosyncratic emphasis.

Pig has some very interesting potential and I think that the emphasis on
"this is relational algebra" is pretty cool and interesting.  Jaql's
functional focus is really cool, but may ultimately be of little use.  Or it
may be the lynch-pin for some really powerful program rewriting facilities.

I can't wait to see.