pig-dev mailing list archives

From Sandeep Samdaria <ssam...@ncsu.edu>
Subject Apache Pig GSoC 2016
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 22:32:42 GMT
Hi,
I am Sandeep Samdaria, a Masters Student at North Carolina State
University. I have been using Apache Pig and have also contributed patch to
the project. I wished to participate GSoC this year and want to work on Pig
for the summer. I have found some JIRA labelled with GSoC in the issues
section that I intend to work on. One of them is "*Use unsorted shuffle in
Orderby, Skewed Join to improve performance in Tez*"(PIG-3775
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-3775>) tagged under umbrella
ticket Tez Improvements(PIG-3839
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-3839>).
I wanted to know if Apache Pig is approving proposals for GSoC this year?
If so, then can I work on the above ticket for this year GSoC and start
building my proposal.

Best Regards,
Sandeep Samdaria.