pig-dev mailing list archives

From Aniket Mokashi <aniket...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pig 0.13.0 release
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 21:23:59 GMT
Another thing: Pig-trunk has loads of incompatible interface changes
already. It would be great if someone from pig-tez dev (Daniel et al) can
comment on compatibility of these with pig-trunk? If they are not
compatible or if there is any api refactor on wish list, can we please open
jiras for it? We should try to ensure that there is NO api incompatibility
between 0.13 and 0.14 (when it is out future).

Thanks,
Aniket

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 8:09 PM, Koji Noguchi <knoguchi@yahoo-inc.com>wrote:

> For 0.13, can we get
>
> PIG-3508 (covered by Daniel's PIG-3545)
> Otherwise, "explain" would show pre-optimized logical plan in 0.13.
>
> > I can wrap a 0.12.1 release in a couple of weeks.
> >
> Great!
>
> Koji
>

> On Feb 13, 2014, at 7:11 PM, Daniel Dai <daijy@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> > Ok, it seems to leave no choice for a sooner 0.14.0 release then.
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 3:50 PM, Julien Le Dem <julien@ledem.net> wrote:
> >> We can't use SNAPSHOT releases as dependencies of our official releases.
> >> They can change and disappear.

> released.

> new features in.
> semantic versioning.

If its
> not too

> numbers.

> in

Morales
> releasing a

at this point,
> right?

bump to 12 or

<
> knoguchi@yahoo-inc.com>

independent in my opinion

on including
> 0.10.1 on

releases more often."

<julien@ledem.net>

independent in my
> opinion.
that needs the release

wrote:

> [...]
think we should release more
> often,

but I'd like to
> request

(to me) is still 0.10.1.
bug PIG-3492 that
> caused
> randomly.

kicked out from the front
or 0.12 first.

Park <
> piaozhexiu@gmail.com>

if someone is volunteering?

PM, Julien Le Dem <
> julien@ledem.net>

I think we should release more
> often,
volume of change.
the easier it is to release.
for contributors to use their own
idea to have a clean starting
> point

changes by themselves are enough

PM, Dmitriy Ryaboy wrote:

> [...]
we release 12 that are currently in
> trunk:

generate empty part files)
for small job (big wall-clock wins
> for
BigInteger, BigDecimal
temp files around for
> examination (!)
bugs (PIG-3641)
engine allowing work like Tez and
> Spork

a release.

at 3:55 PM, Aniket Mokashi <

is pending tasks before we can make a
> release.

of contributions can be seen at -

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/pig/trunk/CHANGES.txt?view=markup

that make it a good candidate for a
> release-
several backwards incompatible api
> changes)

at 3:23 PM, Olga Natkovich <

the list that Aniket provided, I don't
> really
Two mentioned JIRAs are doc updates and
> one
into Pig 12.

February 5, 2014 3:13 PM, Aniket Mokashi <
wrote:

> [...]
of improvements and bug fixes have gone
> into
know if we can roll out a Pig 0.13 release
> around

we are planning to merge tez branch
> into trunk
a release before tez branch is merged
> will be

few jiras we need to wrap up before 0.13

Quetzalco@tl"

> entity to
> confidential,
> the reader