pig-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Ryaboy <dvrya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pig 0.13.0 release
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 20:24:40 GMT
Major updates since we release 12 that are currently in trunk:

- lazy output (don't generate empty part files)
- jar caching optimization
- automatic local mode for small job (big wall-clock wins for long-tail
jobs)
- improved support for BigInteger, BigDecimal
- hbase loader improvements
- debug mode that leaves temp files around for examination (!)
- fixes to a few nasty bugs (PIG-3641)
- pluggable execution engine allowing work like Tez and Spork
- .. and more

I'd say this justifies a release.