pig-dev mailing list archives

From Koji Noguchi <knogu...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Pig 0.13.0 release
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 21:43:11 GMT
> To add to the discussion, I think we should release more often, based on time elapsed
rather than volume of change.

I don't have preference on the frequency, but I'd like to request we make minor releases more
often.

At this moment, stable pig release (to me) is still 0.10.1.
0.11.1 and 0.12.0 both have regression bug PIG-3492 that caused multiple production pig scripts
in our clusters to fail randomly.
(unless user is disabling ColumnMapKeyPrune)

If releasing 0.13 means 0.10.1 gets kicked out from the front release list, I'd like to see
minor release on 0.11 or 0.12 first.

Koji