pig-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Move pig project from svn to git repository
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2013 02:46:21 GMT
Hi pig developers,
I personally prefer git over svn, so I'm using the git mirrors that Apache provides. As those
mirrors do not seem entirely reliable I was wondering whether there are other pig developers
that also prefer git over svn as myself. Apache Infrastructure Team is supporting projects
that are primarily working with git, so my question is - would pig developer community be
interested in migrating the repository from svn to git?

I've recently participated in three projects that done this change, namely Sqoop, Flume and
MRunit, and it's not a big deal. The process is rather simple, just it take some time as most
of the job is done by Infrastructure team. I would be more than happy to help or even drive
the process in case that this change would be desirable by community.

Jarcec