pig-dev mailing list archives

From kumar palaniappan <kpala...@att.net>
Subject Pig not able to instantiate Python UDF
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 20:30:12 GMT
Hi,

I have set the PIG_CALSSPATH and CLASS_PATH pointing to the location of jython
jar file and my python program is in the same location as my pig script.

But I am encountering the following error.
Pig Stack Trace
---------------
ERROR 1000: Error during parsing. could not instantiate
'org.apache.pig.scripting.jython.JythonFunction' with arguments
'[/home/devi/customer.py, cname]'
org.apache.pig.impl.logicalLayer.FrontendException: ERROR 1000: Error during
parsing. could not instantiate 'org.apache.pig.scripting.jython.JythonFunction'
with arguments '[/home/devi/customer.py, cname]'
        at org.apache.pig.PigServer$Graph.parseQuery(PigServer.java:1618)
        at org.apache.pig.PigServer$Graph.registerQuery(PigServer.java:1562)
        at org.apache.pig.PigServer.registerQuery(PigServer.java:534)
        at
org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser.processPig(GruntParser.java:871)
        at
org.apache.pig.tools.pigscript.parser.PigScriptParser.parse(PigScriptParser.java:388)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Devi