pig-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC 2012] Interested in PIG Cubing [PIG-2167]
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 18:57:29 GMT
Thanks Prasanth,
Please refer to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIG/GSoc2012. There is a
list of things you need to cover in your proposal.

Thanks,
Daniel

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Prasanth Jayachandran
<jayachandran.2@buckeyemail.osu.edu> wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> I am MS student at The Ohio State University and I have been working on hadoop for about
a year. I have worked on implementing map side fragment replicated join in YSmart as a part
of a course project. I am currently doing research with Prof. Arnab Nandi. During the course
of the research I implemented a naive version of CUBE operator in Pig. I would like to extend
and improvise my initial implementation with optimizations and features by participating in
Google Summer of Code 2012.

> The patch for initial implementation of CUBE operator can be found here (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2167).
It will be really helpful if someone (or mentor) can review the patch and provide feedback
so that I can incorporate them in GSoC proposal document. I would also like to know if there
is any specific format for the GSoC proposal?