pig-dev mailing list archives

From christopher justin <christopher.jus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: classpath issues
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 00:18:20 GMT
I have now verified this with two other developers.  There must be
something we are missing that isn't documented on
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIG/HowToContribute ?   Two of
us are on Macs (1 running Apache Ant 1.7.1 and the other Ant 1.8.2) and the
other is on Linux running Ant 1.8.2 - all of us are on Sun Java 1.6.1 .
Doing nothing more than this:

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pig/trunk .
ant eclipse-files

The build succeeds, however the .classpath (and
.eclipse.templates/.classpath ) have  JARs that do not match
ivy/library.properties.  For example, inside .classpath and
.eclipse.templates/.classpath are:

<classpathentry exported="true" kind="lib"
path="build/ivy/lib/Pig/hadooop-core-0.20.2.jar"/>
<classpathentry exported="true" kind="lib"
path="build/ivy/lib/Pig/hadooop-test-0.20.2.jar"/>
<classpathentry exported="true" kind="lib" path="lib/automaton.jar"/>
<classpathentry exported="true" kind="lib"
path="build/ivy/lib/Pig/commons-codec-1.3.jar"/>
<classpathentry exported="true" kind="lib"
path="build/ivy/lib/Pig/guava-r06.jar"/>

ivy/library.properties for the respective deps are:
automaton.version=1.11-8
guava.version=11.0
commons-codec.version=1.4
hadoop-core.version=0.20.205.0
hadoop-test.version=0.20.205.0

I have attached the output (ant.log) from running "ant eclipse-files" .
Oddly, Ivy resolves the deps but the .classpath isn't reflecting the right
versions.

Thanks for your help .  I apologize in advance if it is something very
silly i just didn't read on the wiki.

chris