pig-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Moving to new e2e harness for end-to-end testing
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 00:50:59 GMT
I have gotten the end-to-end test harness to the point where it runs basically all the existing
tests and where it can be run from ant.  It can be run on either an existing cluster or in
Amazon's EC2.  There are instructions on how to run it in both settings at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIG/HowToTest.
 Please try it out to see if it works in your environment.

As proposed in https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIG/PigTestProposal, I would like
to start migrating the junit tests that are really end-to-end tests (ie the ones that use
MiniCluster) to the e2e harness.  I'll start with the very long running ones and work down
to the shorter ones.

Also, as we contribute new patches these should include end-to-end tests that will run in
the new harness rather than in junit.  True unit tests should still, of course, be done in
junit.

Alan.