pig-dev mailing list archives

From Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: Next Pig Developer Meeting
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 17:48:23 GMT
Hi,

Just a reminder that we will be holding the next meeting this Thursday, 4/20 4-6 pm at Yahoo.

The address is 701 First Ave. Building E Sunnyvale, CA 94089. Please ask for me or Alan Gates
at reception.

Thanks,

Olga

-----Original Message-----
From: Olga Natkovich [mailto:olgan@yahoo-inc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 4:42 PM
To: dev@pig.apache.org
Subject: Next Pig Developer Meeting

Hi guys,

It has been a while and I think we have a few topics to discuss. Here are the ones I would
like to propose :

(1)    What is the process and criteria for changing existing releases. For instance, which
changes are ok for existing branches vs. which ones should go to the trunk or to another branch.

(2)    How do we improve our testing. We have found a large number of problems post 0.8 release.
It is pretty clear that our testing is not keeping up with the pace of the changes we introduce.
We need to find a better testing strategy that goes beyond unit tests.

As always, feel free to suggest additional topics for discussion.

Would April 21st work? We at Yahoo would be happy to host but are also opened to other suggestions/locations.

Olga